Friday, September 22, 2006

I love the realization of absolute freedom that comes from a tank full of gas, an ipod, and an entire city to explore on a sunny Friday morning....


My ever-inquisitive 6th graders like to ask me questions about myself, perhaps in an effort to steer the subject away from math, so yesterday I let them ask me questions for the last 5 minutes of class.

There were some of the usual - what's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? Do you have any sisters or brothers? How old are you? Where did you go to college?

And then there were ones that went like this:

Student: " are you married?"
Me: "no"
S: "Why not?"
M: "I haven't found anyone I want to marry"
S: "why?"
M: "i just haven't"
another studnet: "i went to africa and there are lots of orphans there. why don't you adopt one?"
M: (pause) "I'm not......at a place in my life where I want kids (?)"

It was great. They crack me up on a regular basis!

No comments: