Friday, December 08, 2006

Friends and Films




Yes, Dubai has a coffee shop themed after the "Friends" hangout - same type of comfy couches, small tables and funky art, and great coffee...


The Dubai International Film Festival is kicking off this week, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for celebrities. "Bobby" is premeiring here, with a red carpet and all that jazz. Movies from Hollywood, Bollywood and everything in between are showing in 4 locations on my end of the city. There are films from local directors, short films, and documentaries; movies in every language imaginable, and even movies for kids. I'm volunteering with my friend Lamonda, so I"ll be working at the theater during shows, ushering, taking tickets, etc. It's interesting to see how the whole thing runs from the other side - plus I get free movies out of the deal! We already got a sneak-peek the other night, of a great French film called "Paris, je t'aime" which I highly recommend!

2 weeks from now I'll be back in the snow and cold, wondering how my internal thermometer could get so messed up in four months...

No comments: