Friday, August 18, 2006

Hotel Fun

Well, the apartments are still lacking AC, and the school is being nice enough to let us stay in the hotel instead of living in the intolerable heat. Newest projection is Sunday. It's really a great hotel, I feel quite pampered, but I'm ready to get to my own place! We made an IKEA trip on Wednesday and I bought a couch, table, etc. I hope it all looks okay in the apartment! I've never done this before, so I've been quite indecisive about everything and therefore have a lot left to do! I've also been car shopping - decisions, decisions.....

I've seen a bit more of the city and am excited to explore it in depth... there's a lot of areas to walk in, shop in, etc. This type of thing will have to wait until it cools down a bit, however!

I got a mobile, the number is 011 971 050 748 4036 and it will be activated as of 2'oclock Saturday, Dubai time.

Interesting: decisions can be made and implemented here and things can change quite quickly. Case in point: the whole country is switching to a friday-saurday weekend instead of thursday-friday on September 1st... but of course some things will shift accordingly and other things won't.... the school is already on the new schedule so we won't have to adjust. It will be easier to get used to for me, as it's only one day off from what I"m used to!

wish i had more interesting things to share, but phone-buying, passport-picture taking, and driver's liscence applicating aren't all that exciting...

oh, and for all of us who were wondering - it is definitely NOT a dry heat!

No comments: