Sunday, March 18, 2007

little bit of this, little bit of that...

nothing like a little smoke and resulting traffic nightmare to mar a perfectly clear morning...

*************
Last Friday morning I woke up, and gradually noticed that the whistle noise I took for truck brakes was actually the wind sliding through my balcony doors. And then I noticed that the view was a little dusty. So I sat up and looked out the window above my bed... wow. Sand. Everywhere. Scudding across the road, flying through the air, taking debris with it. Full-out shamal, the most intense I'd seen yet, and it lasted all day...

************
Three months from now I'll be back in the states for a visit... I can't believe how fast this year has gone.
It's getting hot again, soon the only time I'll spend outside will be running from my airconditioned car to the airconditioned school/mall/apartment.
Spring break is next week and I"ll be road-tripping to the neighboring country of Oman.
March 31st is the Dubai World cup, so I'm going to by a Derby-esque hat so I can mingle in style.

********
Some of my favorite thailand pics that didn't make the "parents, here are some pics of your kids" blog...















No comments: